I am currently only teaching online using Zoom or Skype.
I have included here the most common questions asked about singing lessons.
- Can anyone learn to sing?
- In my experience it is very rare for people to be unable to sing. Most people who think of themselves as tone deaf are able to sing with help and practice.
- Do you teach children?
- Yes - I do teach some children who are keen to have lessons and I am happy to give advice on children's voices and their development.
- How long are your lessons?
- Adult lessons are normally just under one hour. Children's lessons will be shorter 30 or 40 minutes depending on age. Parents are welcome to sit in on lessons.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at my studio at my home in Hersham, Walton-on-Thames. I also teach in Berlin for a week around 4 times a year.
- When do you teach?
- I normally teach on weekdays during the day and evening.
- What happens during a normal lessons?
- I normally start with vocal exercises that help the pupil's singing voice to work effectively. The latter part of the lesson will include singing repertoire which I accompany on the piano.
- Do you provide materials to take away to study?
- I can record lessons onto CD for your use. I can also video lessons for your use. For more details please contact me.
- How much do lessons cost?
- Please contact me for details.